In Volume Two of this collection, readers will find an expansion of the teachings presented in Volume One, featuring a series of profound and comprehensive discourses by Khenchen Appey Rinpoche on five crucial subjects. These teachings offer invaluable insights and practical guidance on the path to enlightenment. The subjects covered include:
- A commentary that aims to inspire faith by exploring the verses of Sakya Pandita’s Clarifying the Sages Intent, which extol the immeasurable qualities of the Buddha.
- Oral instructions based on Candrakirti’s Entering the Middle Way, providing a pragmatic understanding of the Mahayana path as a whole.
- A detailed commentary on the first three chapters of Santideva’s The Way of the Bodhisattva, which includes an explanation of the ritual for taking the bodhicitta vow.
- An illuminating exploration of Gorampa’s profound teachings on dependent arising, according to the four philosophical schools of Indian Buddhism, presented in a rarely offered exposition titled Illumination of Samsara and Nirvana.
- A comprehensive commentary on Samantabhadra’s Noble Aspirations to Sublime Conduct, highlighting its significance as the supreme method of dedication.
The teachings contained in this book serve as a testament to the profound knowledge and realization of Khenchen Appey Rinpoche, making him one of the most accomplished exponents of the Buddhadharma in our time. Through his deep understanding and logical reasoning, he instilled confidence in his students regarding the authenticity of these teachings, earning their utmost respect and admiration. Beyond his exceptional abilities as a practitioner, scholar, and teacher, Khenchen Appey Rinpoche exemplified the qualities of a Bodhisattva. He consistently displayed unwavering compassion towards all beings, and despite his extraordinary qualities, he remained humble and unassuming.